To God Be the Glory - The Cookeville Rescue Mission is the oldest and largest rescue mission in the Upper Cumberland, whose purpose and pledge is to serve homeless and needy people through a program of spiritual, physical, material and emotional assistance coupled with education and public awareness.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is deity, that He was born of a virgin, that we are redeemed by His atoning death through His shed blood, that He bodily resurrected and ascended into heaven, and that He will come again in power and great glory.
- We believe that individuals are saved through a direct, personal encounter with the risen Lord, at which time they are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whom Christ indwells each believer, enabling him or her to live a godly life of obedience as he or she reaches for maturity.
- We believe the Holy Spirit unites all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that together they form one body, the church.
Code of Ethics
The Cookeville Rescue Mission staff and volunteers honor God by adhering to the following standards of conduct:
- We agree to treat every individual who comes to us for assistance with the utmost dignity and respect.
- We agree to exercise the highest level of integrity in all of our fund-raising and financial management practices.
- We agree to adhere to principles of organizational and board governance that will promote realistic accountability to those in authority.
- We agree to create and maintain a clean, safe and courteous environment for clients and staff.
- We agree to adhere to all local, state/provincial and federal codes and laws that apply to our organization.
- We agree to show respect toward (and collaborate with when appropriate) other organizations in our area that seek to assist the hungry, homeless, abused and addicted.
- We agree to follow scriptural guidelines when resolving conflicts.
To serve Christ by addressing the physical, spiritual, emotional, and social well-being of the impoverished and destitute by providing Christ-centered rescue, recovery and restoration to those whom God leads to our doors.
Through the demonstration of the love and teachings of Jesus Christ, we seek to restore broken lives by providing a safe, reputable haven of hope for all who enter.
To glorify God through helping shape and transform lives, in the name of Jesus Christ, by meeting people at their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual points of need, with the goal of returning them to society as productive, self-sufficient citizens.
The Cookeville Rescue Mission is committed to meeting the spiritual, physical, emotional and mental needs of the homeless, hungry and needy within reach of its ministry.
- We shall respect the dignity and privacy of all individuals, and through our words and actions offer compassion, empathy and understanding.
- Provide the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost, hurting and hopeless.
- Provide services that will meet the basic needs of those seeking assistance.
- Provide a program of rehabilitation to those people who are willing to modify their destructive lifestyles for long-range social productivity.
- Provide assistance to the community and other agencies in aiding the homeless, hungry, poor and needy in their own and other institutional environments.
- Provide administrative excellence and integrity as caretakers of our God-given resources for the purpose of meeting all basic needs and long-term visions in caring for the homeless, hungry, poor and needy that enter our doors.
- Be an advocate for the homeless, hungry, poor and needy through street outreach and public awareness.