The Cookeville Rescue Mission (CRM) is a Christian non-profit organization that has been serving the homeless and those struggling with addiction in the Upper Cumberland Tennessee through emergency and long-term rehabilitation services since 1976. CRM is a partner with local churches to meet the spiritual needs of the people we serve. It is the oldest and largest year-round shelter the Upper Cumberland.
In addition to shelter, food, clothing, and other case management services, CRM offers a Christ-Centered Life Transformation Program, which provides classroom instruction and individual and group therapy sessions. Residents also receive work therapy training that provides valuable work experience that often leads to full-time employment upon graduation from the program.
Today, the mission is the leading provider of homeless services in the Upper Cumberland with bed and shelter space of up to 60 available for men and 20 beds for women and children.
The Coordinator of Volunteer Engagement is responsible to oversee the development and implementation of all volunteer recruitment, training, and care of volunteers in their services to CRM and its clientele.
Cookeville Rescue Mission (CRM) considers every position one of ministry and a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of CRM have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Values. The Coordinator of Volunteer Engagement provides support to the Cookeville Rescue Mission (CRM). The duties of this position are to partner with CRM staff to provide volunteer and intern care for those who engage with the Mission; serving as the CRM first point of contact for inquiries from candidate intern, candidate volunteer, CRM intern, and CRM volunteer via phone, email, online inquiries, in person, etc. and for responding appropriately on behalf of the Mission; scheduling accuracy for CRM interns and volunteers; tracking and reporting volunteer and intern service; maintaining complete and accurate records for volunteers and interns; being the lead for all volunteer Groups who desire to serve at CRM; host volunteer and intern tours and orientations; supporting events, meetings, and special assignments; and providing general support, as required. This position will be responsible for achieving metrics and contributing to the CRM goals.
This position will oversee a growing ministry to those experiencing hunger, homelessness, and life controlling issues in the Upper Cumberland. The Coordinator of Volunteer Engagement will be responsible for planning and goal setting, program organization, budgeting, decision making, personnel recruiting and motivation, training, and ministry development.
The CVE will collaborate with local churches, agencies, school districts, and government entities to affect an integrated program capable of meeting the felt needs within the community, and facilitate and model commitment to the ministry of CRM.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Executive Director to establish strategic and tactical plans for the impact of CRM on the local community as it relates to men, women and children experiencing homelessness, families in poverty, men and women with addictions, and abused women.
- Work with ministry staff to develop and refine the vision and spiritual direction for each area of CRM.
- Oversee and develop CRM volunteer support in alignment with the Mission’s established purpose, objectives, and community needs. This is to be accomplished as the CVE coordinates the integration of all volunteers.
- Help build the capacity of CRM, and best practices culture through community collaborations and affiliations.
- Interact and network with community, church, agency and educational leaders to affect positive joint outcomes.
- Network with ministries outside of CRM for partnerships and best practices.
- Communicate the established vision and spiritual direction for the ministry to the staff, volunteers, clients, and donors.
- Keep Managers/Staff apprised of important people issues, programs, and projects.
- Establish standards and outcome measures for delivery of services in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Strive for continuous improvement and excellence for ministry programs and services by evaluating and implementing best practices both internally and externally.
- Foster and encourage teamwork across ministries and departments.
- Provide a central resource to each ministry area for best ministry practices.
- Maintain a personal “hands-on” connection with the ministry.
- Provide monthly ministry reports for submission to Executive Director.
- Develop and maintain community support through volunteerism, donor relations, and community partnerships.
- Provide stories and measures of lives changed through the ministry, and provide feedback for Mission communications and publications.
- Assist in the development and execution of community, volunteer and major donor events.
- Build relationships with local government and community agencies, and participate in community groups.
- Work with Staff to develop annual ministry plans and budgets, making adjustments as needed and monitoring throughout the year.
- Conduct and participate in the performance evaluation process for providing feedback on strengths and of volunteers.
- Maintain a high-level of integrity, camaraderie, and professional relationships with staff.
- Responsible for the development and training of ministry staff regarding volunteers.
- Develop, document, and administer volunteer policies.
- Promote CRM Safety Program and ensure compliance, model safe work practices, provide safety training, and recognition for safe behaviors/practices.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in other activities, programs, and teams to support the greater purposes of CRM.
This position is responsible for all volunteer-related activities, and directly reports to the Executive Director.